When people are looking for items or services, they turn to Google. In order to rank on Google, your car dealer SEO strategy must be great to the point potential customers can find you at the right time. For most individuals, Google is the first place they go when they need information, products, or services.
Not all car buyers are the same. Some want a specific make and model, some want to buy a car from a local dealer, and yet others want a specific style of servicing. If you want to have a chance of getting your dealership in front of car buyers, you must show up on search engine. In today’s world, potential car purchasers use search engines to locate the correct dealer.
In this post, we’ll explore:
- What is car dealer SEO and why SEO is still crucial for car dealer marketing
- How to improve your car dealer SEO strategy in 2022
- SEO car dealer mistakes
What Is Car Dealer SEO And Why Is It Important?
Car Dealer SEO is the process of optimizing your car dealership’s website to improve your ranking in search engine results pages (SERPs).
People don’t have time to sift through a plethora of websites in order to discover what they’re looking for. They’ll pay attention to two or three of them and dismiss the others.
Here’s something important – 75% of all search engines clicks go to the first three results. Car dealer SEO increases your car dealer website’s visibility on search engines.
Today’s UK Car buyer is online looking for the next car to buy; searching for prices, models and reviews. Also, since potential buyers focus on the top results, it’s therefore necessary to be ranked at the top.
Why SEO For Car Dealerships Matters
Below are some salient benefits car dealer SEO:
Ranking higher than your competitors in search engines makes your website more attractive, thus giving you a competitive edge over your competitors. This can mean more leads and sales.
If you include keywords that are specific to your area and inventory, you will begin to rank higher among local searchers, resulting in more targeted traffic over time.
People have a more positive perception of high-ranking websites since they regard them as more authoritative. Your dealership’s website will gain authority as it gets more ranks, making it the go-to place for potential customers to buy cars.
It doesn’t matter how great your business is, if people don’t know about you, you’ll find it hard attracting new customers. SEO for car dealers makes it possible for potential customers to find you.
Technical, Off-page and On-page SEO – What’s The Difference?
When it comes to SEO for car dealerships, there are various sorts of SEO. Technical, on-page, and off-page SEO all help to improve your search engine exposure, but the focus is different.
The goal of technical SEO is to improve the technical aspects of your website. Site speed mobile friendliness, site structure and so on are examples of technological aspects. Technical SEO is the greatest place to start with your SEO efforts since it ensures that your website is crawlable and indexable by search engines.
- Site speed
- Site security
- Mobile friendliness
- Site structure
- Unique content
On-page SEO concentrates on the optimization efforts that are already in place on your website. On-page SEO aims to raise your domain authority and as a result, your search engine rating for relevant terms. It also helps to improve the content, experience and accessibility of your website for real users.
- Alt text
- URL structure
- Meta title and descriptions
- Canonical tags
- Technical SEO
- Quality content
- Image option
Off-page SEO encompasses a wide range of tactics for improving your search engine optimization on any site that isn’t your primary domain. Anything used outside of your site to boost these ranking signals is referred to as off-page SEO. In certain circumstances such as social media or Google My Business profile, you may have direct control over these features, but in others, such as link building, you may not.
- Social media
- Link building
- Local SEO
Best Practices For Car Dealer SEO
If you’ve never done SEO before, it can appear to be a large and confusing process. It may seem difficult at first, but it becomes simpler with practice, especially if you work with a team that can guide you through the process. You must use some auto dealer SEO best practices in order to rank for searches linked to your business.
1. Make sure your website is optimized
To improve your dealership’s SEO, check the following boxes on your website. You need to:
- Have a mobile-friendly website design: According to Google, 95% of vehicle purchasers utilize the internet as a source of information, and 65% of consumers research online in less than three weeks. With 84% of UK adults owning a smartphone, it makes more sense to optimize your website for mobile devices.
- Website speed: Website speed has long been a key in improving your chances of ranking in organic SEO results, and Google revised its algorithm in 2018 to place a greater emphasis on mobile speed as a ranking factor.
- Metadata: When a user conducts a search, the search engine’s algorithm ranks the indexed sites according to what it considers to be the most relevant to that query. You may use HTML tags to tell the bots what the website is about, such as title tags, meta descriptions and alt image text, making indexing easier and increasing your chance of ranking for relevant searches.
- Check for broken links: Make sure that all of the links on your site work and that the user does not see any error messages when they visit the page.
- Check for duplicate meta descriptions: Each page should have its own title tag and meta description for people to understand what the page is about.
- Add internal links: Provide links with additional content that are related to the page from which they accessed your site.
- Provide Alt-image text: Make sure all of your photos contain meaningful alt text for screen readers and for search engines to understand what they’re looking at.
2. Optimize for local search
Local SEO varies from the normal SEO because it focuses on attainable higher ranks for searchers who are within the same geographic location as the business.
When a search engine detects that a user is seeking for a local business as part of their query, it uses a separate set of criteria to select the best map pack results.
The factors of distance, closeness, relevancy,and reviews all play a role.
If you want to win in local searches, you’ll need several important pieces in your approach to demonstrate that you’re an authority in your town or location by providing search engines the right signals to help local searchers find exactly what they’re looking for.
3. Choose the right keywords
When looking for a product or service on the Internet, most people start by typing relevant search phrases into their preferred search engine. These phrases or words are called “keywords”. The best way to ensure your website pops up is to include those keywords in your content. Also, you can include them in your alt text, URLs, title tags and meta descriptions.
To begin, you can conduct keyword research to know what buyers are looking for and also what your competitors are using. In the automobile industry, one of the keywords with high competition is “used cars”.
When it comes to keywords for the automotive industry, it can seem overwhelming as you have a lot compete for.
- Do your homework – make sure it’s something users are actually searching for
- Use keyword variation – add related keywords to your content
- Add keywords to relevant areas of your page – meta descriptions, alt text, Headings
- Write quality content: provide value
4. Local Listings
Any online mention of your dealership’s name, address, phone number, website, business hour and other basic information is referred to as a local listing, or local citation. This is what appears when a potential buyer searches for “used cars in London”, what they find in your contact info on social media pages.
- Have a consistent business information across all listings
- Make sure your information is up-to-date
- Pay attention to reviews
5. Video SEO
Although Google is the most popular search engine, YouTube is the second. YouTube is an effective SEO strategy for your car dealership since not only do YouTube videos appear in Google search results for relevant searches, car buyers also use YouTube to conduct research.
6. Focus on quality content
Nothing beats the feeling of perusing quality content. You just keep coming back for more and more. People will be more interested in learning more about your dealership after reading the helpful content you’ve posted online.
Not sure where to start? You can begin by creating education blogs and sharing valuable information about your industry.
Blogging is an excellent method to engage with potential consumers and answer their queries about your dealership. You may also add content about your cars on and the services you offer on your website. Also remember that your website’s content must be relevant to real individuals with real issues looking for real solutions.
7. Have an FAQ or Q & A section
Potential car buyers are constantly looking for answers on the Internet. As a car dealer, you can provide answers to questions about vehicle dealerships, used cars, car maintenance and other related topics of interest. You can provide a link to your car dealer’s website in your response.
Grow With Us
SEO is hard. We get it. It’s also not a one-time thing. Sometimes you get it right, other times you don’t. We understand that not all car dealerships have the right resources to win in this SEO battle.
Are you looking for car dealer SEO services? LiftedWP is committed and ready to help you take your car dealer SEO to the next dealer. Our team of marketers have the experience and industry insights to help increase your rankings on search engines.
Get In touch to schedule a consultation or learn more.